ALERTS

Close

About Us

Our Community

Fulda was incorporated as a village on November 21, 1881 and was primarily settled by German settlers, though also by the Scandinavian and Irish.  The community was named after the Fulda community located on the Fulda river in Germany.   We are predominantly an agricultural city that grew up with the railroad and although that rail line was discontinued in 1980, a beautiful two-story depot is maintained as an antique museum and store.   We are home to a civil war cannon housed in our city park which was purchased in 1892.